(Is it not here? Click here to ask us.)
Tickets/Presto fare can be purchased from the Downtown Transit Terminal.
Trans-Cab is a system used by Peterborough Transit to service certain areas of the City where the bus does not run. It allows you to use a cab to and from special Trans-Cab stops for a flat fare.
Adapted from the Peterborough Transit Map:
Trans-Cab to the bus:
1. Check the transit map to see if you are in a Trans-Cab zone.
2. Call 705-748-4443 at least an hour before you need to be at the stop.
3. A taxi will come pick you up and drop you to the designated Trans-Cab stop.
4. Trans-Cab fare is $3.00 which includes one way taxi and bus ride. You'll pay the taxi driver.
Trans-Cab from the bus:
1. Board the bus that goes to the Trans-Cab zone you are going to.
2. Inform the driver as you pay your fare that you need a Trans-Cab.
3. The driver will give you a transfer and radio for the taxi.
4. At your designated Trans-Cab stop, the taxi will be waiting for you to drive you to your destination.
5. The fare is the regular fare + 50 cents and you'll pay on the bus.
The Handi-Van is a service provided by Peterborough Transit for people who cannot take regular buses and require mobility accomodations. The vehicles are fully wheelchair accessible and service is door to door by appointment.